News & Events
Two years after the launch of the project, the NOMAD partners came together for their second Progress Meeting in Berlin from 17-18 June 2019. The meeting was hosted by the coordinator Madalina Rabung and her colleagues from Fraunhofer. The main objective of this two-day meeting was to kick off one o...
The European Commission is co-organising FISA '19 (Euratom conference on FIssion SAfety of reactor systems) and EURADWASTE ’19 (conference on radioactive waste management and geological disposal) with the Ministry of Research and Innovation of Romania and the Institute for Nuclear Research under...
The NUGENIA FORUM 2019 was held on 13-15 March 2019 at the Cité Universitaire of Paris, France. It was devoted to discussions on the technical and scientific milestones to be tackled to ensure competitive, efficient and safe production of low CO2 electricity from GEN II, GEN III and SMR water-cool...
As part of the NOMAD consortium, Sascha Feistkorn (SVTI) and Esa Leskelä (VTT) will be attending the EPRI conference 'NDE in Nuclear 2019' on June 25-27 in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA. The conference will build upon the success of the annual EPRI NDE Technology Week by providing an internationa...
Inge Uytdenhouwen from SCK•CEN and Jino Mathew from Coventry University will present the latest achievements of the NOMAD project at the 52nd ASME Pressure Vessels & Piping Conference (PVP) in San Antonio, Texas from July 14-15, 2019.
The ASME 2019 PVP Conference promises to be the outstanding in...
Structural assessments are an important part of NPP management programmes (e.g. ageing management, maintenance & design changes) and are required for effective periodic safety reviews. The aspects considered in TA4 'System and component integrity' include the definition of integrity assessment ove...
Upcoming Events – Meet the NOMAD Partners!
- WCNDT 2020 - ! cancelled due to COVID-19 ! New date: 31/05 - 04/06/2021 08 Jun 2020 — 12 Jun 2020
Seoul, South Korea
- Registered NOMAD partner and speaker: Madalina Rabung (FhG-IZFP)
- ASME Pressure Vessels and Piping 2020 Virtual Conference 19 Jul 2020 — 24 Jul 2020
- Registered NOMAD partner and speaker: Inge Uytdenhouwen (SCK CEN)
- SNETP Forum 2020 – Towards innovative R&D in civil nuclear fission ! cancelled due to COVID-19 ! New date: 02/02 - 04/02/2021 15 Sep 2020 — 17 Sep 2020
The NUGENIA Forum organised annually since 2012 will become the SNETP Forum as of September 2020. For more, see: NUGENIA announcement.
- Registered NOMAD partner: Madalina Rabung (FhG-IZFP)
- European Symposium on NON-DESTRUCTIVE EVALUATION for NPP 04 May 2021 — 05 May 2021