New open position at SCK•CEN in the field of Nuclear materials for Gen II / III reactors.
Make your mark as Research Engineer (material science)
- conduct, follow-up and improve mechanical testing and irradiation programmes executed within different scientific research and commercial projects; including testing, evaluation, reporting and planning.
- be able to work autonomously after a certain period of coaching and to independently carry out tasks in projects related to nuclear materials for Gen-II/III reactors.
- take part in the dissemination of scientific knowledge, a/o by writing technical-scientific reports, presenting them to internal and external clients and contributing to scientific publications.
- be willing to learn and fill potential knowledge gaps to reach the multi-disciplinary knowledge needed for the job.
To join this frontier, you'll need:
- master’s or PhD degree in Science, Materials science, Physics, Mechanical engineering or Metallurgy.
- broad scientific interest and an analytical/critical mind.
- experience in nuclear applications is a major asset.
- multi-disciplinarity and knowledge of metallurgy, mechanical testing, fracture mechanics, microstructure, finite element modelling... are extra assets.
- experience with Q/A procedures, quality plans and associated items is a bonus.
- experience with computer applications such as Python, Origin, Ansys or MS-Project is an asset.
- team spirit with good communication skills, within and beyond SCK•CEN (international).
- good working knowledge of MS-Office is obligatory.
- fluent command of English, French and Dutch or willing to follow language courses where needed.
Apply now and become part of the SCK•CEN team.
Contact: Tomas Sergooris / 014 33 83 09