News & Events
One of the strategic research programs at the NMS Institute within SCK•CEN is related to radiation damage of existing reactor pressure vessel materials. The reactors of Gen-II/III are being operated worldwide in the perspective of long term operation (LTO), typically 60 years or even 80 years for th...
NUGENIA Association was transformed to become SNETP Association. This year, NUGENIA Association evolved and extended its scope to formally become SNETP Association (AISBL): an international non-profit association under the Belgium law, ratified by the royal decree WL22/16.102 on September 2019 and s...
Make your mark as Research Engineer (material science)
- conduct, follow-up and improve mechanical testing and irradiation programmes executed within different scientific research and commercial projects; including testing, evaluation, reporting and planning.
- be able to work autonomously after a...
The non-destructive characterization of the embrittlement of reactor pressure vessel (RPV) steels is being performed on standardized Charpy specimens in an increasing degree. The novelty of the work described by the NOMAD partner MTA-EK in the open access article 'Magnetic nondestructive inspection...
As part of the NOMAD consortium Daniel Algernon and Sascha Feistkorn from SVTI as well as Esa Leskelä and Tuomas Koskinen from VTT attended the international conference 'NDE in Nuclear 2019' in North Carolina, USA from 25 to 27 June 2019.
The conference organized by EPRI (Electric Power Research I...
Two years after the launch of the project, the NOMAD partners came together for their second Progress Meeting in Berlin from 17-18 June 2019. The meeting was hosted by the coordinator Madalina Rabung and her colleagues from Fraunhofer. The main objective of this two-day meeting was to kick off one o...
Upcoming Events – Meet the NOMAD Partners!
- WCNDT 2020 - ! cancelled due to COVID-19 ! 08 Jun 2020 — 12 Jun 2020
Seoul, South Korea
- Registered NOMAD partner and speaker: Madalina Rabung (FhG-IZFP)
- PVP - Pressure Vessels & Piping Conference 2020 19 Jul 2020 — 24 Jul 2020
- Registered NOMAD partner and speaker: Inge Uytdenhouwen (SCK CEN)
- SNETP Forum 2020 – Towards innovative R&D in civil nuclear fission 15 Sep 2020 — 17 Sep 2020
The NUGENIA Forum organised annually since 2012 will become the SNETP Forum as of September 2020. The objective is to keep going with this “tradition” and enrich the event with valuable contributions from ESNII and NC2I pillars and EERA JPNM community. For more, see: NUGENIA announcement.