News & Events
The NOMAD consortium is happy to present a public status report introducing the project concept and consortium as well as providing insights into up to date information on the project progress, output and events. Next to an overview of the work status, short summaries and links to the scientific art...
One of the strategic research programs at the NMS Institute within SCK•CEN is related to radiation damage of existing reactor pressure vessel materials. The reactors of Gen-II/III are being operated worldwide in the perspective of long term operation (LTO), typically 60 years or even 80 years for th...
NUGENIA Association was transformed to become SNETP Association. This year, NUGENIA Association evolved and extended its scope to formally become SNETP Association (AISBL): an international non-profit association under the Belgium law, ratified by the royal decree WL22/16.102 on September 2019 and s...
Make your mark as Research Engineer (material science)
- conduct, follow-up and improve mechanical testing and irradiation programmes executed within different scientific research and commercial projects; including testing, evaluation, reporting and planning.
- be able to work autonomously after a...
The non-destructive characterization of the embrittlement of reactor pressure vessel (RPV) steels is being performed on standardized Charpy specimens in an increasing degree. The novelty of the work described by the NOMAD partner MTA-EK in the open access article 'Magnetic nondestructive inspection...
As part of the NOMAD consortium Daniel Algernon and Sascha Feistkorn from SVTI as well as Esa Leskelä and Tuomas Koskinen from VTT attended the international conference 'NDE in Nuclear 2019' in North Carolina, USA from 25 to 27 June 2019.
The conference organized by EPRI (Electric Power Research I...
Upcoming Events – Meet the NOMAD Partners!
- WCNDT 2020 - ! cancelled due to COVID-19 ! New date: 31/05 - 04/06/2021 08 Jun 2020 — 12 Jun 2020
Seoul, South Korea
- Registered NOMAD partner and speaker: Madalina Rabung (FhG-IZFP)
- ASME Pressure Vessels and Piping 2020 Virtual Conference 19 Jul 2020 — 24 Jul 2020
- Registered NOMAD partner and speaker: Inge Uytdenhouwen (SCK CEN)
- SNETP Forum 2020 – Towards innovative R&D in civil nuclear fission ! cancelled due to COVID-19 ! New date: 02/02 - 04/02/2021 15 Sep 2020 — 17 Sep 2020
The NUGENIA Forum organised annually since 2012 will become the SNETP Forum as of September 2020. For more, see: NUGENIA announcement.
- Registered NOMAD partner: Madalina Rabung (FhG-IZFP)
- European Symposium on NON-DESTRUCTIVE EVALUATION for NPP 04 May 2021 — 05 May 2021