News & Events
A key research initiative at EPRI focuses on methods of Non Destructive Evaluation (NDE) that can be used for material characterisation. As an important part of this effort, EPRI is looking to build a network of universities and national laboratories to establish a Center of Excellence for NDE app...
From June 13th to June 15th, 2018 the NOMAD partners gathered in Kasterlee, Belgium for their first progress meeting. At Den Eyck, a wonderful ancient location, the 21 participants found the perfect environment to discuss the progress achieved and the future planning, and to welcome the new team mem...
We have released a short animated clip illustrating the project goals in an entertaining and understandable way. With this movie, we hope to raise awareness among a wide audience for the importance of ensuring safety and reliability of nuclear power plants (NPP) in general as well as for our project...
In the frame of the second edition of the Nuclear Days and the seventh edition of the NUGENIA Forum in Prague in April 2018, coordinator Madalina Rabung has been invited to inform about the European research project NOMAD. She presented the project in the technical session “Reactor performance and s...
NOMAD coordinator Madalina Rabung from Fraunhofer Institute IZFP was pleased to accept the invitation of the ADVISE consortium to take part in its project kick-off meeting at EDF, Moret-sur-Loing, France from October 4-5, 2017. On the second meeting day, she introduced the participants to the NOMAD...
Following the project launch, the German regional TV broadcaster Saarländischer Rundfunk (SR) has produced a short feature on the approach and aims of the NOMAD project including an interview with ccordinator Dr Madalina Rabung. The interview is in German and part of a daily news programme which can...
Upcoming Events – Meet the NOMAD Partners!
- WCNDT 2020 - ! cancelled due to COVID-19 ! New date: 31/05 - 04/06/2021 08 Jun 2020 — 12 Jun 2020
Seoul, South Korea
- Registered NOMAD partner and speaker: Madalina Rabung (FhG-IZFP)
- ASME Pressure Vessels and Piping 2020 Virtual Conference 19 Jul 2020 — 24 Jul 2020
- Registered NOMAD partner and speaker: Inge Uytdenhouwen (SCK CEN)
- SNETP Forum 2020 – Towards innovative R&D in civil nuclear fission ! cancelled due to COVID-19 ! New date: 02/02 - 04/02/2021 15 Sep 2020 — 17 Sep 2020
The NUGENIA Forum organised annually since 2012 will become the SNETP Forum as of September 2020. For more, see: NUGENIA announcement.
- Registered NOMAD partner: Madalina Rabung (FhG-IZFP)
- European Symposium on NON-DESTRUCTIVE EVALUATION for NPP 04 May 2021 — 05 May 2021